- Job Title: Primary Care Physician or Internist
Date Posted: 8/20/2013
Job Type: Full Time Job
Location: Lansdowne, VA.
Duties/Responsibilities/Job Description: PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, PARTNERMD
Name of Contact Person: Dorrie Steinberg, East Coast Regional Director
Employment Contact Info. (Tel, Address, Email, Fax, Etc.): Office: 804-237-5429
Address: 7001 Forest Avenue, Suite 302, Richmond, VA. 23230
About The Position/Company
PartnerMD, a membership medical practice specializing in primary care and executive health, has opportunities for Family Practice and Internal Medicine Physicians to join its practices in Lansdowne, Virginia (metro Washington DC), Baltimore, Atlanta, and Greenville, SC as a concierge physician. In addition, we are open to physicians who are interested in practicing concierge medicine in their current locations.
PartnerMD physicians manage a patient panel of no more than 600 patients, providing excellent primary health care and customer service to member patients as part of a collaborative team focused on wellness and preventative healthcare. The physician in this position would be joining an established concierge medical practice company with 10 years of history and a growing national presence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to building a medical practice by providing high quality, patient centered medical care under the PartnerMD name. All patient appointments are 30 minutes in length and each member receives an in-depth annual physical.
- Provide primary and preventive health services to member patients, including examinations, diagnosis, treatment options, coordination with other health professionals and referrals.
- Participate in implementation of performance improvement initiatives and quality assurance programs developed by PartnerMD
- Perform regular “on-call” duties in coordination with other physicians in a practice location
- Attend staff meetings when requested and participate in the development of medical and management policies and procedures for effective patient care and customer service.
- Consult with Medical Director on clinical protocols, training and continuing education needs, and with other clinical staff on patient issues as needed
- Develop and support an office environment with a strong attention to detail, expectations of outstanding customer service, and professional support to the other teams in the office (wellness, sales, and administrative support).
- Maintain patient records in an electronic medical records system and communicate with patients electronically as needed.
- Supervise and direct clinical staff as appropriate. This would include medical assistants, nurses, and laboratory assistants.
- Provide corporate wellness consultations and programs in the local community as may be required. Serve as a speaker for the company when requested.
- Participate in and support marketing efforts the Company engages in.
- Conduct tours and offer prospective member consultations that support the Company’s patient recruiting efforts
- Provide executive physical examinations to members and non-members to include in-depth diagnostic testing and analysis of an individual’s wellness and health needs.
- Other duties as may be requested from PartnerMD management.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS, Required Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and residency training program
- Board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- For more immediate situations Must Possess a current (VA,SC, NC, WA, OR, GA, IL, MD) Medical License in good standing or have the ability to quickly obtain a medical license in the state the candidate wishes to practice.
- At least five years of experience working as a physician in a primary care setting.
- Excellent management, communication, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding patient relationship skills and concierge-level customer service skills required.
REPORTING AND OTHER EXPECTATIONS
The position will report to the Medical Director with significant contact and involvement with other members of the management and administrative team and with the general public. The work will be based at PartnerMD’s offices in (Richmond, Seattle, Greenville, SC, suburban Washington DC, Chicago, Baltimore). 4.5 day work week. One half day for administrative. As the patient panel grows, this job will likely be demanding and require work beyond the normal 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. business hours. As well, compensation increases as the patient panel expands.
A candidate must be a non-smoker and be able to pass a background check for malpractice, license standing, criminal, credit and Department of Motor Vehicle history. PartnerMD offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. To learn more about PartnerMD, we invite you to visit our website at www.partnermd.com
APPLY TODAY — Email CV/Resume to Jobs@conciergemedicinetoday.com
To apply, please send a resume and compensation expectations in confidence to email@example.com with “Primary Care Physician- NAME OF CITY” in the subject line or phone PMD’s physician recruiting line at 804-237-5429. After submission, your information will be provided to the company/representative and the designated representative should contact you shortly. Thank you!