Online health marketplaces bring together providers and consumers onto a web portal where potential patients can seek specific services at a pre-determined price. Searching for doctor and dentist appointments, procedures such as x-rays, and cosmetic surgery are especially popular. The consumers who use these marketplaces are predominantly uninsured and underinsured, as well as those who are seeking treatments not covered by their insurance.
Marketplaces vary in structures and features, including:
- Types of health services being offered
- Business model — how each marketplace generates income
- Features and customer-support options
- Pricing mechanism, including price-setting, discounting, or negotiation
- Rating mechanisms for customer feedback
This report also includes market factors that are supporting the emergence of online health care marketplaces, as well as challenges these enterprises face.
The complete report is available as a Document Download. [DOWNLOAD HERE]