JUNE 25, 2014 – As technology continues to evolve and become part of our everyday lives, it is becoming increasingly important, actually an expectation, for businesses to have a presence online. Health care professionals are no exception. According to a September 2012 Pew Research study:
- 72% of internet users say they looked online for health information within the past year.
- 66% of American web users look online for information about a specific disease or medical problem.
- 44% of American web users look online for information about doctors or other health professionals.
In addition to keeping up with market expectations, medical practice websites offer a platform for patients to find all of the information they need regarding your services. Not only do you control the messaging about your practice, but in the eyes of your patients, your website enhances your personalized offerings and lends credibility to your practice.
Given this increasing importance for internet presence, Specialdocs has begun actively working with physician-clients to provide website creation and hosting, and to offer enhancements such as:
- News & Events tab: Share information…an update to your office, a new benefit or offering, a medical article of interest or announce an event, for example.
- Medical Library tab: Provide a compilation of newsletter articles on relevant health and wellness topics.
- Personalized tabs: Create a tab specific to your unique practice.
- Video: Communicate directly and personally with a video on your homepage.
Research conducted by the Online Publishers Association shows that 80% of internet users will recall watching a video on a website they visited in the past 30 days. Of that 80%, 46% took some action after watching the web video.
Recently, Specialdocs advanced our own personal example of the value of a website. We updated www.specialdocs.com to further illustrate our brand of commitment to customer service, attention to detail, articulate messaging, warmth and personalization. We added a blog, new visual photography, made it more interactive, and our most recent addition… a brief two minute video. Please check it out on our home page or the link provided in the sidebar.
As our belief in the necessity of a web presence has grown, so has our commitment to helping our clients increase the effectives of their website. If you are interested in learning more about creating a site for your practice or discussing enhancements to your current site to make it a more valuable resource, please contact us at Specialdocs.