WHAT DOES THE CONCIERGE MEDICAL PATIENT LOOK LIKE and WHO IS USING CONCIERGE MEDICINE?
Source: Concierge Medicine Today and The Concierge Medicine Research Collective © 2012
So, what type of person(s) are seeking this type of healthcare? According to Concierge Medicine Today’s DOC.FINDER © 2012 Search Engine atwww.ConciergeMedicineToday.com, the premier online concierge physician search engine, when analyzing the data received from prospective patients searching for a concierge doctor, they concluded the following:
- 49% – of all concierge physician searches by patients received are for an Individual;
- 23% – of all concierge physician searches received are for a Couple, with no children;
- 21% – of all concierge physician searches received are for Families, with children;
- 4% – of all concierge physician searches received are for Business Owners/Top Executives;
- 3% – Allowable Margin of Error +/- 3%.
“There is plenty of evidence supporting the case that concierge medicine is not just for the deep-pocketed individuals,” said Tetrault. “We’ve found that over 50% of concierge medicine patients make a combined household income of less than $100,000 per year. That is extremely encouraging data because as this concept, initially thought of by many as healthcare for the rich — is now accessible and very affordable for couples, seniors on Medicare, young families and individuals just about anywhere.”