Myths & Realities: Retainer-Based Medicine/Direct Primary Care
February 11 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
CSMS and N1 Health will host a program for physicians on the retainer-based medicine movement. Patients in retainer-based practices pay a membership fee (monthly or annually) for greater access and more comprehensive care.
The program will address trends in retainer-based practice models, as well as risk mitigation and successful conversion to retainer-based practice.
- What is retainer-based medicine/Direct Primary Care (DPC)?
- Is retainer-based medicine for you?
- How to design your future practice
- Review of consumer research: What do consumers value in primary care clinics?
- The benefits of converting a practice – for patients, physicians and staff – including risk mitigation benefits, such as lowering med-mal liability exposure
- Identifying and addressing cultural obstacles
- Designing, pricing and packaging your service proposition and pricing
- Striving for operating excellence and efficiency with systems
- Telling the story of your practice to your community
- Converting your practice to a retainer-based or DPC model
- Build your project plan and timetable
- Assessing your staff in the context of your new practice vision
- Assessing yourself and your resolve to move forward
- Developing your messaging and communication plan
- Common pitfalls in converting practices
- The post-conversion effort; tips for sustaining and building your practice beyond conversion
- Deciding whether to enlist the help of a conversion company or a consultant