Name of Contact Person: Jennifer Smith
Employment Contact Info. (Tel, Address, Email, Fax, Etc.):
Job Title: Clinical Director – Family Nurse Practitioner
Date Posted: 04/09/2015 Job Type: Part-Time Job
Location: Aurora, Colorado
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)/Clinical Director for a part-time, (0.6FTE) benefits-eligible, position with the University of Colorado, College of Nursing at its Direct Primary Care Clinic (DPC), in Aurora, CO. This employee will provide clinical services daily. The position includes an Instructor level, clinical teaching track appointment within the College of Nursing. As the DPC patient volume increases, there is opportunity for this position to go to a full-time status.
DPC is an Advanced Practice Nursing practice consisting of ~ten employees. We strive to give quality care in a nurturing relaxed environment, as opposed to a typical 5-10 minute rushed, doctor’s office visit. This practice provides direct primary care opportunities to communities on a, per member/per month fee basis. Patients can access care through office visits, phone calls, emails, and other tele-health opportunities.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serves as primary care provider for the clinic’s patient population Performs accurate physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, follow-up, and consultation.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care Participates in after-hours call Obtains patient history and develops comprehensive plan of care Provides health education to patients, students, families, and/or community health practitioners and groups Provides leadership in design and implementation of integrated, interprofessional models of care delivery and evaluation of patient outcomes Participates in programmatic planning, developing specific evidence-based health policies and procedures Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods Functions as a clinical preceptor and/or clinical instructor for health professions students Monitors clinical workflow and engages team in quality improvement activities Oversees clinical peer review process Monitors regulatory compliance and oversees any plans for improvement Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing evidence based practice.
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults as needed.
- Completes necessary documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures Participate in selection and hiring of additional providers Conducts routine chart audits as required Adept at EHR and EHR trouble shooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures.
- Attend Health Care Partners Governing Board and other meetings, as needed Serve as liaison between clinic and patients, collaborating physicians, community members, and others as needed Orders and maintains medical equipment and supplies Back-up assistance to front and back office assistants, as required.
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities is necessary to monitor and respond to changes in a client’s condition.
- Ability to use computer and clinic software Interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, their families, and other members of the health care team This is a health care environment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious disease.
- Take one week-at-a-time on-call in a rotation schedule.
- Availability to work weekends on an as-needed basis
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing Current certification in specialty area, as appropriate to position Current Colorado RN and APN licensure Current clinical expertise in specialty area Minimum 2 years experience in advanced practice Current Prescriptive Authority & DEA licenses BLS/CPR Certification Minimum 1 year prior EHR experience
Preferred (but not required):
- Strong collaborative nature
- Spanish/English speaking
- Additional Salary Information: Salary Range is posted at 60% effort.
- Internal Number: F01905