LAST UPDATED: MAY 1, 2015
By Concierge Medicine Today Editorial Staff
Here’s a summary of the events coming in 2015-2016 … directly related to Direct Primary Care (DPC) and some indirectly discussing DPC … Nonetheless, each of these industry-relevant events are informative, well-organized and provide different and unique guidance and education from various industry physicians and topic-leaders from all parts of the country.
HOW TO USE and/or ATTEND IN THESE EVENTS EFFECTIVELY:
“Good understanding brings forth favor …” ~Proverbs 13:15 NIV
“You can’t grow professionally without connecting relationally,” says Catherine Sykes, Founder and CEO of The Docpreneur Institute. “We’ve found after years of talking with physicians one-on-one, and at various events, that if you want to be successful in this space [I.e. Membership Medicine], you need to have intentional relationships with other people who have the same goal. Conferences are an ideal place for that. Many of the events, seminars, conferences and gatherings below help doctors in various parts of the country meet with other like-minded physicians and industry influencers and experts who may share your same vision you have for affordable healthcare delivery. Young or old, physician or non-physician, dentist, family medical practitioner, or getting ready to retire, there is a place for you to connect, grow and learn.”
4 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAXIMIZE YOUR ROI if YOU ATTEND an INDUSTRY/Related-INDUSTRY EVENT …. and WHY IS GOING TO ONE EVENT or MORE IMPORTANT for you, specifically?
“The best way to find out whether you are on the right path? Stop looking at the path.” ~Marcus Buckingham
Creativity and learning is one of the components to succeeding in business. So how can you maximize your time and soak-in as much as you can from these various gatherings of professionals?
- Leaders are readers … so we encourage you to read different books. A “Recommended Reading List” is available at The DocPreneur Institute Book Store.
- Stay mentally active. Take a walk around the venue, the hotel, the vendor area. Try new activities and participate in demonstrations. Be ‘that guy/girl!’
- Meet new people. Here’s a good rule of thumb … ‘never eat lunch alone …’
- Ask questions, lots of them! Think “How?” or “Why?” vs. “Can’t” or “Why not.”
Additionally, we have made available ALL of the appropriate links to sign-up and/or register/participate below:
2015 Events (In Date Order)
- The DocPreneur Institute | Weekly, Monthly Mentor/Coaching Programs For Physicians, Staff & Healthcare Business Professionals
- DPCC Fly-In | March 2015
- The 2015 Future of Health Care Summit| February 18, 2015
- Washington, D.C.
- Check out the presentations from the event.
- THEME: Activist Employers, Empowered Consumers, and the New Retail Marketplace
- AACP | June 13-14, 2015 | Laguna Niquel, CALIF.
- Learn More: www.acpp.md
- Call: (855) 332-5120
- FMEC/AAFP DPC Summit | July 10-12, 2015 | Kansas City, MO
- Organizers: FMEC/Lawrence Bauer/AAFP
- Midwest’s First Direct Primary Care Summit
- Register before June 12 to earn the $100 early-bird discount; registration increases to $350 after that date.
- The live 2015 DPC Summit is approved for 11.75 AAFP Prescribed credits; CME credit is pending from the American Osteopathic Association Council on Continuing Medical Education.
- Call: (800) 274-2237 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXL/CMT “Concierge Medicine Assembly” | July 31 – Aug. 1, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
- Organizers: EXL Pharma/EXL Events/CMT
- REGISTER Online: Click Hereregistration@exlevents.com
- Call: 1 (866) 207-6528
- A two-day educational setting, learn from doctors and industry leaders alike as they address topics such as the principles doctors have utilized when facing challenges like acquiring new patients; how to notify patients about your new business model; PPACA obstacles, including maintaining a healthy staff culture; how to work with your local businesses and mid-size employers; the process of accepting insurance; and much more.
- Free Market Medical Association Annual Conference
- August 21st – 22nd, 2015
- Skirvin Hotel, Oklahoma City, OK
- The 2015 theme is “Disruptive Changes- Treating Patients Better and Faster with Transparent Prices and a Free Market Philosophy”
- AAPP Fall Conference is September 26-27, 2015 | Washington D.C. Capital Hilton
- Organizer: AAPP (Michael Chesser, Executive Director)
- American Academy of Private Physicians (AAPP)
- Call: 877-746-7301
- Email: email@example.com
- 2016 Spring Conference – February 26 & 27 – San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 2016 Fall Summit – September 23 & 24 – Hyatt Regency San Francisco