Navigating Medicare compliance remains a central consideration. Medicare participatory practices must not establish subscription payments for amenities covered by Medicare. HHS’ Office of the Inspector General (OIG) published the results of three investigations into the overcharging of Medicare patients; each of which are generally helpful guides for DPC compliance. In 2003, a settlement of $53,400 was reached for fees levied by a physician to patients for services covered by Medicare. The same charges were made against a North Carolina physician in 2007, and resulted in a settlement of $106,600. Most recently, in 2013, a medical group in South Carolina agreed to a settlement of $170,260, again for mandating relatively small annual payments from Medicare beneficiaries for “administrative” services that were deemed covered services (constituting an “access” fee). Failure to develop a Medicare compliant model can lead to significant financial and legal ramifications. We want to avoid physicians opting of Medicare to avoid this exposure. Solid compliance work can avoid Medicare compliance exposure without necessitating opting out of Medicare.
New Doctor’s Guide Coming This November!
OVERTURN Denials with an Evidence-Based Data, Appeal | DENIED COVERAGE By Your Insurance For A Recommended Treatement? Apply Free, START Your Application | Doc Coverage by Evidenza Precision Medicine
400+ Pages | Our #1 Seller | Free Shipping
New, Physician’s Book Club | 1-Year Access!
2018 Pharmacy Trends | New Podcast Edu. Series
- EP. 195 | Qualities Required for Concierge Medicine, Meet Terry Bauer CEO of Specialdocs
- Locate A Doctor
- What is Concierge Medicine? [Updated, 2018]
- DO'S and DON'TS: Starting a Concierge Medical Practice While You’re Still Employed
- Analysis, How Private, Concierge and Direct Care Doctors Are Taking A Lead In Ending Fees For Missed Appointments, Immunization Record Copies and a Copy of Their Last Sports Physical Form
- RANKED: Top 20 Web Sites In Concierge Medicine Revealed -- 2018-2019
- EDITOR: “Physicians Must Grapple With New Challenges and Implement Great Ideas To Enhance Patient Care and Promote Better Outcomes.” June 24, 2018
- CMT CANADA | Canadian Care Connect, a concierge “all-inclusive” program that allows Canadians seeking joint replacement or spine surgery access to treatment in as little as 14 days. June 24, 2018
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing: Research review June 23, 2018
- JOB OPENING: Duke Health, Durham, North Carolina June 23, 2018
- Edmonds, OD, FAAO explains a series of new delivery models that are termed, “nontraditional primary care.” June 23, 2018
Hours & Info
#fordoctors AAFP AAPP ACA Affordable care act business concierge care concierge doctor conciergedoctor concierge medicine direct care direct primary care doctor dpc find concierge doctor health healthcare health insurance insurance legal md MDVIP medicare medicine mental-health obamacare physician primary care qliance research retail medicine science startup technology telemedicine