Written by Mary Rechtoris | Tuesday, 22 September 2015 00:00
Forthright Health Management, a primary care physician managed care services organization, is working to contract with employers to increase access to physicians in Southwest Michigan, according to Crain’s Detroit Business.
1. Tom Valenti, head of the network, has recruited approximately 50 primary care physicians in 13 practice locations.
2. Various medical groups such as Prism Medical Group, Envision Medical Group and Farmington Family Physicians have signed up for the Forthright network among several others.
3. Employers can contract with Forthright to provide primary care access for workers for various office-based services and limited diagnostic testing. The contract costs less than $100 each month.
4. Forthright’s goal is to give patients more facetime with physicians, with patients allowed up to 25 visits each year.
5. Direct contracting with providers is a growing trend in Michigan and around the nation. In 2015, Sen. Patrick Colbeck, of R-Canton Township, passed Senate Bill 1033, which enables physicians to offer primary care without state insurance department regulation. More than 75 physicians in Michigan are participating in direct primary care.