This position participates in a collaborative process with the concierge physician to assess, plan, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate care to meet a patient’s needs. This position will ensure that the patient experience provided at all levels exceeds the expectations of physicians, patients and team members and is provided in a financially responsible manner. Under the direction of the Business Development Manager, this position may also function as a consultant and educator responsible for achieving patient outreach goals, conducting new patient member orientation, managing projects and promoting awareness.
Nature and Scope
* Serves as an RN and concierge medicine consultant.
* Provides patient care, assessment and planning in close collaboration with concierge physician.
* Is responsible for assisting the concierge physician in office duties including but not limited to: taking vital signs as per guidelines, maintaining examination rooms’ stock, documentation of all patient communications, preparing lab specimens for processing, filling out the necessary referral forms and keeping records of the same, scheduling patients for tests, returning phone calls in the order of importance and documenting into patient charts to become part of a permanent record, returning MyChart inquiries within 24 hours, and administering treatments and medications per provider order in accordance with established policies.
* The incumbent has the added responsibility of providing a direct liaison between provider and patient, making certain that the patient’s questions and concerns have been addressed.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based upon physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to the age of the patient served.
* Uses EPIC to document all chart and phone encounters, identifies potentially avoidable/non-reimbursed events, quality indicators and core measures.
* Maintains documentation, which is in compliance with regulatory guidelines and/or accrediting bodies.
* Maintains confidentiality of all medical and department records.
* Must be able to ensure all matters related to patient information are kept secured, meeting confidentiality compliance standards set by JCAHO and HIPPAA.
* Creates a relationship based patient experience for patient members and clinical team.
* Is accountable for patient membership retention, to be determined on a fiscal basis.
* Constructs and maintains a contact cycle of targeted patients to optimize membership reach.
* coordinates patient communication and follows-up on a regular basis. Documents all patient contact in EPIC.