- Three-fourths of retail clinics are located in the Southern and Midwestern United States.
- Retail clinics typically serve younger adults who do not have a primary care provider.
- For a select group of conditions, retail clinics deliver care of equivalent quality compared with other settings.
- Availability of a retail clinic does not deter people from going to the emergency department.
- Though promoted as a means of decreasing health care spending, retail clinics slightly increase health care utilization and, consequently, health care spending.
Most Retail Clinics Operate in the Southern and Midwestern United States in Large Metropolitan Areas, RAND
SOURCE: RAND; https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9491-2.html
Categories: National Headlines