By Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief, Concierge Medicine Today/Author/Host, The DocPreneur Leadership Podcast
Today we discuss the importance of clinical trials and the resources both Patients and Physicians should turn to and learn more about. We catch up with Jennifer Bonfrisco, Founder and CEO of Corlexia Clinical Services. Jennifer and her team share the common belief that Clinical Research Studies should be more accessible to more patients.
“The majority of clinical trials take place in large academic hospital settings, in turn limiting the accessibility to patients outside of the immediate area,” said Jennifer. “The average person can’t afford to miss work to spend several days a week getting to these hospitals. This was the first spark that led to the start of Corlexia Clinical Services. I have spent many years in my pharma world finding ways to make trials more patient-friendly, and it has been some of the most rewarding work I have done. So I decided to create a company solely dedicated to bringing important trials to communities.”
Corlexia is currently working with multiple organizations researching GI and cardiovascular disease. There are numerous opportunities for upcoming studies. After an initial discussion, we can find the best option for your practice.
We do all the administrative work, provide the infrastructure, staff, and set-up.
Here are some general tools we provide:
Clinical Trial SOPs/GCP Training for All Site Staff
Central Contract and Budget Negotiation
We are members of multiple patient advocacy groups and organizations.
More About Corlexia
Corlexia is a mix of former pharmaceutical directors and scientists with backgrounds from pre-clinical toxicology to Phase IV clinical trials. Some have worked for large pharmaceutical companies, and some preferred smaller start-ups. We know how to run studies and develop drugs, and we decided to focus our efforts on finding ways to expedite enrollment. We have experienced firsthand how recruitment rates can be the end of a promising compound. We are removing the hurdles so more treatments can be available to more patients and ultimately reach the market quicker.
ClinicalTrials.gov is a resource provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. IMPORTANT: Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details. Before participating in a study, talk to your health care provider and learn about the risks and potential benefits. (Source:clinicaltrials.gov/)
Benefits of Participating in Our Network
- Staff and Infrastructure – We provide and pay for trained Study Coordinators who will complete all study management and administrative procedures. Our Study Coordinators are experienced at running trials and can do all IRB filing and data management.
- Increased Revenue – Participating in clinical trials adds revenue stream to your practice and removes the burden of dealing with insurance payments.
- Medical Advancements – When participating in a Corlexia study, you contribute to the greater clinical research community. The data from your site may have an impactful influence on results and help to advance future treatment options
- Collaborate With Key Opinion Leaders – You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other experts in your field and be a part of the greater medical community. We can’t promise that you will be personally named in a publication or poster, but your data certainly will.
- Patient Offering – Clinical trials are another option for patients. Patients are more engaged in their healthcare and get treatment options free of cost.
- Growth For Your Practice – For some trials, advertisements and referrals will be included to notify the local area of trial activity at your practice.