Today we sit down with Maria Angelova, Founder & CEO at Rebellious-Intl. Maria is a Pilates Instructor, mother and educator/speaker about the benefits of Pilates on fitness, health and stress.
There is a lot to learn about Pilates and we unpack a lot of topics, common questions and benefits Pilates can have on Patients which we think Doctors should learn and know more about.
The importance of self-care is a hot topic right now in our communities. With graduate degrees in Finance, 17+ years successful corporate career behind her and 25+ years in the Fitness industry plus 600-hours of Pilates certification, Maria understands a lot about the physiological benefits fitness, nutrition and Pilates can have on people.
- Because Pilates empowers me, and my body craves the challenging, fluid movements
- Because Pilates makes me stand taller, run faster, function better
- Because Pilates has made me stronger at close to 40 than I was in my 20s
- Because I have always loved teaching fitness
- Because I am continuously fascinated by the way the body progresses and improves with consistency and hard work
- Because I love making bodies and minds stronger and more confident
What is the Difference between Yoga and Pilates?
Pilates and Yoga share commonality in that both stretch and strengthen the body through mind-body connection and integrating breath. The difference in the two approaches is that Pilates traditionally uses specialized equipment. The equipment works on body alignment, utilizes resistance to challenge the muscles, and requires muscle control to create fluid movement. Lack of control of the equipment signals lack of muscle control.
HOW CAN PILATES BENEFIT YOU?
- IMPROVE POSTURE
- STRENGTHEN CORE
- TIGHTEN BEHIND
- REDUCE OR ELIMINATE LOWER BACK PAIN
- ASSIST REHABILITATION
- CHALLENGE BODY AND MIND
- LENGTHEN MUSCLES
- INCREASE FLEXIBILITY
- ENHANCE DAILY FUNCTION
- IMPROVE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
- CREATE BODY AWARENESS
Connect With Rebellious Intl and Maria Angelova
Categories: National Headlines