A biannual tradition at Concierge Medicine Today/Concierge Medicine Forum, below is our 2021 Physician Reading List for the Summer of 2021!
By Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief
May/June 2021 Edition
Can you believe summer is upon us! It’s that time of year and our much anticipated summer reading list FOR DOCTORS and FOR NURSES is once again top of mind for our readers.
You’ll be taking the kids and grand kids to the beach or the mountains and grabbing a book or three to read along the way.
Well, I think we can all agree that 2021 is getting better but you may need a respite. A break, a breather or a moment to pause.
Who knows what the rest of 2021 will bring to your door step, literally (and figuratively).
In examining the concierge medicine space for well more than a decade now, talking with all of you about your concerns, worries, happy and sad moments, your businesses, etc., there are some habits, character qualities and dare we say, tendencies, that make good Doctors, great Doctors.
You’d probably not be surprised to learn that reading happens to be one of those habits or tendencies that we see successful Doctors, happier Physicians and as a bi-product, have full-panel Concierge Medicine practices in spades.
It was Harry S. Truman who said, “Not All Readers Are Leaders, But All Leaders Are Readers”.
EDITOR: The Six Habits of Self-Made Concierge Doctors
In deed, “leaders are readers …” and well, we thought we would provide a few of the authors, books and titles we’ve been talking to, talking about or you’ve been telling us about lately in some of our most popular interviews, podcasts and stories these past few months.
CMT Book Spotlight (Download Here): Enter your email here (Scroll down on the page) to download Dr. Carrie Bordinko’s exclusive ebook, “Reset Your Life: a Metabolic Change That Will Reset Your System & Life.”
Titles, softcover books, e-books and streaming titles include some of your fellow Physicians, colleagues and business experts who have told us some of what they’re going to be reading this year.
We hope you enjoy this year’s 2021 CMT Summer reading list!
If there are titles, authors or books you think we should include next time, please let us know what you recommend by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the way, if you haven’t heard, we have released our new ONLINE PHYSICIAN COMMUNITY FORUM, The CONCIERGE MEDICINE FORUM, with discussion boards, polls, surveys, ways to connect with your peers and colleagues year round, weekly webinars, live events, live chats and even on-demand, online courses and CMEs too!
Have a great summer and we hope to see you live and in person this fall at our Atlanta, GA USA 2021 CMT Concierge Medicine Forum, October 21-23, 2021. (Register Here …)
We are grateful for YOU and we are grateful FOR DOCTORS.
CMT’s 2021 Summer Physician Reading List
- Uncaring: How the Culture of Medicine Kills Doctors and Patients Hardcover – May 18, 2021 by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Mental Models: 30 Thinking Tools that Separate the Average From the Exceptional. Improved Decision-Making, Logical Analysis, and Problem-Solving. by Peter Hollis
- Modern Healthcare Delivery, Deliverance or Debacle: A Glimpse From the Inside Out Kindle or Hardcover Edition | By Michael J. Zema MD (Author)
- Change Your World by John C. Maxwell and Rob Hoskins
- Preventive Maintenance for a High Mileage Life Kindle Edition by Michelle Fritsch
- Blessings And Prayers for Caregivers Paperback – January 4, 2010 by Annetta Dellinger (Author)
- Greenlights | Hardcover – October 20, 2020 by Matthew McConaughey (Author)
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by April 27, 2021 by Oprah Winfrey (Author), Bruce D. Perry (Author)
- The Kindness Effect by Jill Donovan
- Mistreated: Why We Think We’re Getting Good Health Care — and Why We’re Usually Wrong (2017) by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Doctor’s EXPANDED Guide to Concierge Medicine by Michael Tetreault & Catherine Sykes
- How I Built This: The Unexpected Paths to Success from the World’s Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs by Guy Raz
- Reset Your Life: a Metabolic Change That Will Reset Your System & Life – by Dr. Carrie Bordinko, RN, BSN, MD
- Small Changes: Big Impact by Nadia Bilchik & Kat Cole
- American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon by Steven Rinella
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- OWN Your Space: Polish, Poise & Empowerment by CMT Forum Speaker, Nadia Bilchik & Lori Milner
- Beyond Bedside Manner: Insights on Perfecting the Patient Experience – by Shareef Mahdavi
- How to Lead in a World of Distraction: Four Simple Habits for Turning Down the Noise by Clay Scroggins
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move by Andy Stanley
- Bond: The 4 Cornerstones of a Lasting and Caring Relationship with Your Doctor 1st Edition — by
- Never Be Late Again: 7 Cures for the Punctually Challenged— by San Francisco State University, lead researcher Diana DeLonzor
Categories: National Headlines