A biannual tradition at Concierge Medicine Today/Concierge Medicine Forum, below is our 2022 Physician Reading List for the Start of 2022!
By Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief
Winter 2021- Spring 2022 Edition
Can you believe the New Year is upon us!
You’ll soon be taking the kids and grand kids to Holiday shopping or maybe even the mountains to grab those last minute gifts.
If you can find a moment to yourself, what better way to refresh, unplug or level-up with a new book!
In examining the Concierge Medicine space for well more than a decade now, talking with all of you about your concerns, worries, happy and sad moments, your practice, your businesses, etc., there are some habits, character qualities and dare we say, tendencies, that make good Doctors, great Doctors.
You’d probably not be surprised to learn that reading happens to be one of those habits or tendencies that we see successful Doctors, happier Physicians and as a bi-product, have full-panel Concierge Medicine practices in spades.
It was Harry S. Truman who said, “Not All Readers Are Leaders, But All Leaders Are Readers”.
EDITOR: The Six Habits of Self-Made Concierge Doctors
In deed, “leaders are readers …” and well, we thought we would provide a few of the authors, books and titles we’ve been talking to, talking about or you’ve been telling us about lately in some of our most popular interviews, podcasts and stories these past few months.
CMT Book Spotlight (Download Here): Enter your email here (Scroll down on the page) to download Dr. Carrie Bordinko’s exclusive ebook, “Reset Your Life: a Metabolic Change That Will Reset Your System & Life.”
Titles, softcover books, e-books and streaming titles include some of your fellow Physicians, colleagues and business experts who have told us some of what they’re going to be reading this year.
We hope you enjoy this year’s 2022 CMT Winter reading list!
If there are titles, authors or books you think we should include next time, please let us know what you recommend by sending us an email to email@example.com.
By the way, if you haven’t heard, we have released our new ONLINE PHYSICIAN COMMUNITY FORUM, The DocPreneur Leadership Academy, with discussion boards, polls, surveys, ways to connect with your peers and colleagues year round, weekly webinars, live events, live chats and even on-demand and online courses too!
We are grateful for YOU and we are grateful FOR DOCTORS.
CMT’s 2022 Winter Physician Reading List
- Mental Models by Peter Hollis
- Demand Better! Revive Our Broken Healthcare System by Sanjaya Kumar MD
- Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West by Hampton Sides
- Do What You’re Best at When You’re at Your Best by Carey Nieuwhof
- Ridgeline: A Novel by Michael Punke
- Fatal Care: Survive in the U.S. Health System by Sanjaya Kumar MD
- Men, Women and Worthiness by Brené Brown
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Membership Primary Care: Transforming Family Medicine is Key to Healthcare Reform by by Robert T Bailey Pharmd MD
- Take Back Your Life by Levi Lusko
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Uncaring: How the Culture of Medicine Kills Doctors and Patients (Hardcover) by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Dream Big by Bob Goff
- Modern Healthcare Delivery, Deliverance or Debacle: A Glimpse From the Inside Out Kindle or Hardcover Edition | By Michael J. Zema MD (Author)
- It’s Not About the Coffee: Lessons on Putting People First from a Life at Starbucks (Paperback) – Illustrated, April 28, 2009
by Howard Behar (Author), Janet Goldstein (Author), Howard Schultz (Introduction)
- Preventive Maintenance for a High Mileage Life Kindle Edition by Michelle Fritsch
- Blessings And Prayers for Caregivers Paperback – January 4, 2010 by Annetta Dellinger (Author)
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by April 27, 2021 by Oprah Winfrey (Author), Bruce D. Perry (Author)
- The Kindness Effect by Jill Donovan
- Mistreated: Why We Think We’re Getting Good Health Care — and Why We’re Usually Wrong (2017) by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Doctor’s EXPANDED Guide to Concierge Medicine by Michael Tetreault & Catherine Sykes
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- OWN Your Space: Polish, Poise & Empowerment by CMT Forum Speaker, Nadia Bilchik & Lori Milner
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move by Andy Stanley
- Bond: The 4 Cornerstones of a Lasting and Caring Relationship with Your Doctor 1st Edition — by
- Never Be Late Again: 7 Cures for the Punctually Challenged— by San Francisco State University, lead researcher Diana DeLonzor
Categories: National Headlines