Nurses Are Natural Entrepreneurs!
“I had a dream of becoming a nurse…not just a philosophical vision, but a vivid dream as a 16-year old. I saw myself working as a nurse, and I never questioned that decision to this day.” ~Catie Harris, Nurse + CEO, Nursepreneurs
Introducing A New Kind Of Mentorship, Specifically For Nurses
By Editor-in-Chief, Concierge Medicine Today/Host, The DocPreneur Leadership Podcast
Excerpt Below By Catie Harris, Nurse + CEO, Nursepreneurs
The Reality Of Nursing Shows Its Face
At first, I was over the moon to make my real-life fantasy of becoming a nurse come true.
Then, like many nurses, I ended up working about 60-80 hours a week, but only getting paid for 40. Of course I volunteered for more responsibilities so the place “wouldn’t fall apart.” In my mind, I was indispensable.
But after a falling out with my attending, I started to see thing differently. After years of having my ideas shot down (or having superiors take credit for them) the resentment started to boil beneath the surface.
- What Is Nurse Burnout?: The “State Of Mind” Pushing Frontline Healthcare Workers To Their Mental, Physical & Emotional Breaking Points
- Reconnecting Nursing With Its Original Purpose: Helping Nurses Dig Beneath The Surface Of Their Careers To Find Passion, Purpose & Profit
- Recruiting Vs. Retention: Breaking The Administrative Wheel That Is Leaving Nurses Feeling Unrecognized, Undervalued, & Dispensable
- Why Nurses Are Leaving The Profession: Revealing The Culture Of Politicking, Administration & Deception Plaguing Our Hospital System
- Turning Lemons Into Lemonade: How Hard-Earned Nursing Skills & Knowledge Can Be A Catalyst For Entrepreneurship
- Options For Nurses Outside Of The Hospital: How Nurses Can Continue To Find Work, Purpose, & Passion Without Leaving The Profession
Join The Most Engaged Community Of Nurse Business Owners
Categories: National Headlines