2023-2024 CMT READING LIST! (Released: Fall/Winter 2023)
By Concierge Medicine Today, Editor-in-Chief
My wife often jokes that I read like 4-5 books at a time. It’s true! Especially if you own a digital book reader plus or use a digital reader app for consuming books like Audible.
I personally love bouncing between a few titles and topics. I think the secret is listening or reading one chapter at a time once or twice a week! Then jump on the podcast path perhaps with the author as well in the car or during a workout. Finding the right balance between learning and pleasure is important.
Reading a few books at one time though helps me avoid getting stuck or bored. Also, if a book or a chapter is too slow, give yourself permission to skip a track or jump few pages. Life is too short and there are too many great books out there to painfully push through.
In keeping with what we’ve learned today … “The best leaders are readers!” — here are some of the titles your peers have mentioned and a few more books that have come across our path we recommend Physicians’ consider —
CMF WINTER 2023 READING/Book LIST!
- “The Power of Customer Experience: 5 Elements To Make An Impact” by Elizabeth Dixon (Author)
- “Excellence Wins: A No-Nonsense Guide to Becoming the Best in a World of Compromise” by Horst Schulze, Dean Merrill, et al.
- “The Other Side of Illness: Unexpected Blessings” by Dr. Robin Hall
- “The EntreMD Method: A Proven Roadmap for Doctors Who Want to Live Life and Practice Medicine on Their Terms” by Nneka Unachukwu
- “Unreasonable Hospitality” by Will Guidara
- “Trillion Dollar Coach” by Eric Schmidt (Author), Jonathan Rosenberg (Author), Alan Eagle (Author)
- “Necessary Endings” by Henry Cloud
- “Hospitable Healthcare: Just What the Patient Ordered!” by Stowe Shoemaker, Ph.D. (Author) & Peter Yesawich, Ph.D. (Author)
- “Outlive” by Peter Attia MD and Bill Gifford
- “Cooking with Trader Joe’s Cookbook: Lighten Up!” by Susan Greeley (Author)
- “When the Heavens Went On Sale” by Ashlee Vance
- “Compassionomics: The Revolutionary Scientific Evidence That Caring Makes a Difference” by Stephen Trzeciak and Anthony Mazzarelli
- “KING. A life.” by Jonathan Eig
- “What To Do Next: Taking Your Best Step When Life Is Uncertain” by Jeff Henderson (Author)
- “The Doctor’s Guide to Concierge Medicine” by Concierge Medicine Today (Author)
- “Leading with Dignity: How to create a culture that brings out the best in people” by Donna Hicks
- “Winning the War in your Mind” by Craig Groeschel
- “Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life” by Tish Harrison Warren
- “The 16 Undeniable Laws of Communication” by John Maxwell