“I hope you will find this list helpful. It’s a small way for us here at Concierge Medicine Today to say ‘thanks’ to you for being a part of this great community of Physicians and healthcare professionals.” ~Editor-in-Chief, CMT, Michael
Released: Spring 2022 Edition
By Editor-in-Chief, Concierge Medicine Today
ATLANTA, GA USA
It was Harry S. Truman who said, “Not All Readers Are Leaders, But All Leaders Are Readers”.
We have the pleasure of talking to Physicians each day. Often, we ask them ‘what you are reading that inspires you?’
We work on our peer recommended reading list each year and release a new list twice per year. If you’re new around here, we thought we would add a few disclaimers about the list. This isn’t in any particular order, and I’ll personally add a few books along the way as new suggestions come up. We’ve tried to add a variety of different topics and this year is no exception.
We’ve even added a bit more fiction than in years past. Why? Because CMT Physician readers tell us they don’t just read medical journals you know. Occasionally everybody needs a mental pause from medical literature. 🙂
I hope you will find this list helpful. It’s a small way for us here at Concierge Medicine Today to say ‘thanks’ to you for being a part of this great community of Physicians and healthcare professionals.
You’ll soon be taking the kids and grand kids on summer vacation or Spring Break or maybe even the mountains to grab those last minute reads. So if you can find a moment to yourself, what better way to refresh, learn something new, unplug or level-up with a new book or podcast that reflect some or one of your peers in medicine’s interests!
If there are titles, authors or books you think we should include next time, please let us know what you recommend by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the way, if you haven’t heard, we have released our new ONLINE PHYSICIAN COMMUNITY FORUM, The FOR Doctors Forum, with discussion boards, polls, surveys, ways to connect with your peers and colleagues year round, weekly webinars, live events, live chats and even on-demand and online courses too!
Once again, it goes without saying, we are grateful for YOU and we are grateful FOR DOCTORS.
Most Sincerely, FOR YOU, FOR DOCTORS,
CMT’s 2022 Peer Recommended Physician Reading List
- The Extended Mind: The Power of Thinking Outside the Brain by Annie Murphy Paul, acclaimed science writer
- Your brain is powerful, but it’s limited. Sometimes it’s able to tell you exactly what you feel, how you can respond to a challenge, or how you can create ideas. Other times, it can’t. Enter Annie Murphy Paul, an acclaimed science writer…
- Undistracted: Capture Your Purpose. Rediscover Your Joy by Bob Goff
- Leaving a legacy doesn’t happen by accident. It takes strategy, intentionality, and in Bob Goff’s case, seemingly endless generosity. Bob Goff is a recovering lawyer, New York Times bestselling author, Disneyland office resident, and Chief Balloon Inflator of his nonprofit organization, Love Does.
- Mental Models by Peter Hollis
- Demand Better! Revive Our Broken Healthcare System by Sanjaya Kumar MD
- Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West by Hampton Sides
- Do What You’re Best at When You’re at Your Best by Carey Nieuwhof
- Ridgeline: A Novel by Michael Punke
- Fatal Care: Survive in the U.S. Health System by Sanjaya Kumar MD
- Men, Women and Worthiness by Brené Brown
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Membership Primary Care: Transforming Family Medicine is Key to Healthcare Reform by by Robert T Bailey Pharmd MD
- Take Back Your Life by Levi Lusko
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Uncaring: How the Culture of Medicine Kills Doctors and Patients (Hardcover) by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Dream Big by Bob Goff
- Modern Healthcare Delivery, Deliverance or Debacle: A Glimpse From the Inside Out Kindle or Hardcover Edition | By Michael J. Zema MD (Author)
- It’s Not About the Coffee: Lessons on Putting People First from a Life at Starbucks (Paperback) – Illustrated, April 28, 2009 | by Howard Behar (Author), Janet Goldstein (Author), Howard Schultz (Introduction)
- Preventive Maintenance for a High Mileage Life Kindle Edition by Michelle Fritsch
- Blessings And Prayers for Caregivers Paperback – January 4, 2010 by Annetta Dellinger (Author)
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by April 27, 2021 by Oprah Winfrey (Author), Bruce D. Perry (Author)
- The Doctor’s EXPANDED Guide to Concierge Medicine by Michael Tetreault & Catherine Sykes
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- OWN Your Space: Polish, Poise & Empowerment by CMT Forum Speaker, Nadia Bilchik & Lori Milner
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move by Andy Stanley
- Bond: The 4 Cornerstones of a Lasting and Caring Relationship with Your Doctor 1st Edition — by
- The EntreMD Method by Dr. Nneka Unachukwu, Pediatric Physician and Author
- Never Be Late Again: 7 Cures for the Punctually Challenged— by San Francisco State University, lead researcher Diana DeLonzor
- The Kindness Effect by Jill Donovan
- Mistreated: Why We Think We’re Getting Good Health Care — and Why We’re Usually Wrong (2017) by Robert Pearl MD (Author)
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown