Meet The Top Docs in Concierge Medicine of 2013 by Concierge Medicine Today
Meet The Who’s Who In Concierge Medicine Throughout The U.S. In 2013 by industry trade publication, Concierge Medicine Today.
RELATED HISTORY of RECIPIENTS …
- Press Release | View 2010 – 2011 Recipients … | A Biennial Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2012 Recipients … | Annual Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2013 Recipients … | Annual Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2014 – 2015 Recipients … | A Biennial Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2016 – 2017 Recipients … | A Biennial Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2018 – 2019 Recipients … | A Biennial Recognition & Industry Distinction …
- Press Release | View 2020 – 2021 Recipients … | A Biennial Recognition & Industry Distinction …
Concierge Medicine Today Releases Its “Top Docs” List In The Field of Concierge Medicine and Direct Primary Care in 2013
April 1, 2013 – Award winning publication and industry news outlet and trade journal, Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) announced that, after careful review, the Editors at CMT have released their list of the Top Docs in concierge medicine, direct primary care and private medical practices in America. Each year CMT carefully reviews a list of the industry’s concierge doctors, boutique and retainer-based medical practices across the U.S. that have made an impact in several areas. CMT chooses only a few select physicians in the concierge medicine and/or direct pay business model environment who meet the criteria to qualify as a “Top Doc.” In 2012, fifteen (15) doctors were chosen to receive this honor. In prior years, even less.
“We feel it is very important to acknowledge and recommend specific practices within the concierge medical and direct primary care marketplace that reflect and represent the care, value and benefits of this industry,” said Michael Tetreault, Editor-In-Chief of CMT. “What makes this year unique is we have more seasoned physicians in specialties other than primary care. They are operating in more rural areas than we’ve seen in the past.”
“We look for physicians each year who have made an impact on patients, their community, their State, social media, technology and more. There are so many great doctors to choose from each year. In 2013, we found doctors who are opening up extraordinary practices in markets like Montana, Utah, Vermont and even Bismarck, North Dakota,” says Tetreault.
Criteria Evaluated for CMT’s “TOP DOCS” 2013 Recognition and Nomination Includes (but is not limited to…)
- Educational Efforts (ie. about concierge medicine/direct care)
- Patient Ratings/Reviews
- Value-Added Services Inside Their Practice
- Innovative Services/Marketing
- Charitable Efforts
- Activity in Social Media Networks
- Medical Influence
- Peer Recognition
- Social Influence
- and More.
This year, the Editors at CMT are proud to have the selected the following concierge and/or direct care physicians as “TOP DOCS” for 2013 (in alphabetical order):
- Biron Baker, MD | Bismarck, ND
- Joel Bessmer, MD | Omaha, NE
- Garrison Bliss, MD | Seattle, WA
- Alicia Cunningham, MD | South Burlington, VT
- Anne-Marie Feyrer-Melk, MD | Scottsdale, AZ
- Mei-Ling Fong, MD | San Fransisco, CA
- Michael Jennings, MD | Salt Lake City, UT
- Shira Miller, MD | Los Angeles, CA
- R. Michael Murray, | Birmingham, AL
- Doug Pitman, MD | Whitefish, MT
- Ronald Primas, MD | New York, NY
- Tiffany Sizemore-Ruiz, DO | Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Eric Weiss, MD | Woodside, CA
- Charles Whitney, MD | Washington Crossing, PA
The initial concierge practices were primarily in primary care specialties–family practice, internal medicine. But in 2012-2013, there are a growing number that are in secondary concierge medicine specialties: including “addiction medicine,” cardiology, dermatology, general surgery, pediatrics, gynecology and oncology. These specialty practices usually offer the same immediate access, longer appointments, and a proactive health focus similar to primary care concierge practices. Some also offer home visits. Specialists usually limit their practices to a smaller number of patients–150-300 compared to the more typical 500-600 patients for primary care – and they more often deal with patients who have a chronic condition to be treated.
“We, at CMT, are happy that physicians are having such great success with their business models and look forward to seeing them grow in the months and years ahead,” adds Tetreault.
About Concierge Medicine Today
Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) is a news organization and the Concierge Medicine industry’s oldest national trade publication for the Concierge Medicine and Membership Medicine marketplace. Its web site is the online destination for businesses, consumers, physicians, legislators, researchers and other stakeholders to learn about the history of this industry, various business aspects of the marketplace, trends, breaking news and more that drives the conversation that Concierge Medicine and free market healthcare delivery is creating on a national and international level.
For more information, visit: ConciergeMedicineToday.com.
Physician nominations are received through either an online nomination form, verbal or electronic communication. No Doctor(s) pays a fee and are not paid to be listed. Today, as in years past, it is a list which is respected by the medical profession and patients alike as a source of quality information. This does not constitute an endorsement by Concierge Medicine Today — but a recognition of the work these Physicians are doing in their community and business. If you have any questions about these physicians, their services, etc., please contact the doctor or doctor’s office directly. Concierge Medicine Today uses its best efforts to gather the information that is available and use it effectively. Ultimately, however, it is the professional judgment of the Concierge Medicine Today editors, the Managing Director and Publisher, which determines Concierge Medicine Today’s ‘Top Doctors In Concierge Medicine’ selection. If you have any questions about these physicians, their services, etc., please contact the doctor or doctor’s office directly. The editors, publisher, distributors, Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., its related, affiliated or subsidiary companies, stress that since the details of an individual’s personal health situation are fact-dependent, in no event shall any of our representatives or affiliated companies be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or financial costs arising out of the use of any of the physicians on this list.