FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ATLANTA, GA | DECEMBER 2018 – Today, the national trade publication, Concierge Medicine Today (CMT), announced The Top 25 Peer-Recommended Book Titles for Concierge Medicine Physicians of 2019. On the heels of new statistics specific to Concierge Medicine and subscription-based clinics and another national Concierge Medicine FORUM annual conference in Atlanta, GA in late October, which they released earlier this week on their website, CMT found 63% of physician respondents said … “I Read/Listen to About 1-2 Books Per Month.” Additionally, 32% said … “I Read/Listen to About 2-6 Books Per Month.” Subsequently, many of the same physicians reporting they read [or listen to audio books] to 2-6 books each month specific to learning more about running a business also said … “I have a full patient panel and a vibrant medical practice.”
“Longtime [CMT] readers will note that this is not the first time we’ve put a list like this together,” said Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief of CMT. “The list of critical resources for entrepreneurial physicians is simply growing because so many more physicians want to lean-in to their entrepreneurial gifts.”
CMT has spent the past several years specifically asking successful physicians: what they read?; what they do on a weekly basis to succeed?; and its staff have become students and story tellers about the unique environments physicians have created in their communities to help people for more than a decade now.
“These are not just books about healthcare,” notes Tetreault. “These are books Physicians in this field are reading and recommend to others that they do the same if they practice in this field of healthcare.”
The following list is devoted to books that offer business guidance, provoke creativity and provide the strongest provocation about what it is like to be creative in your business and serve others in unique ways.
- Well Designed Life: 10 Lessons in Brain Science & Design Thinking for a Mindful, Healthy, & Purposeful Life
- The Business Side of Medicine: What Medical Schools Don’t Teach You
- Stories From the Shadows: Reflections of a Street Doctor
- The DocPreneur: 37 Habits and Qualities of the Entrepreneurial Physician Today
- The Doctor’s Guide to Concierge Medicine and Direct Primary Care
- The Nordstrom Way to Customer Service Excellence
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
- All Marketers are Stories: The Underground Classic That Explains How Marketing Really Works–and Why Authenticity Is the Best Marketing of All
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
- The HSA Owner’s Manual
- Now, Discover Your Strengths
- Ordering Your Private World
- Concierge Medicine: A New System to Get the Best Healthcare
- Precision Medicine: A Guide to Genomics in Clinical Practice (Softcover)
- Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters
- How to Hug a Porcupine: Easy Ways to Love the Difficult People in Your Life
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t
- 48 Days to the Work You Love: Preparing for the New Normal
- Modern Clinic Design: Strategies for an Era of Change
- Pricing Strategies Inside Subscription-Based Healthcare Delivery Offices
- Direct Primary Care by Dr. Paul Thomas
- The Patient Will See You Now: The Future of Medicine is in Your Hands
- The Lean CEO: Leading the Way to World-Class Excellence
- The Medical Entrepreneur
Plus, Eight Honorable Mention or Bonus Titles we just can’t remove from our list!
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Staffing Guide: Insight Into Retainer-Based Medicine Staffing Practices & Challenges
- Direct Primary Care Consumer Guide: 3rd Ed.
- The Power of Who
- The Start-Up of You
- naccountable – Bonus!
“At a time when physician frustration with medical careers, bosses and ones environment could not be greater, free market healthcare delivery models and subscription-based practices [like those seen in Concierge Medicine, Micro Clinics environments and Direct Primary Care], are rescuing the careers and family lives of physicians,” adds Tetreault. “The surveys, polling trends, interviews and events we follow on a daily basis keep moving more and more physicians towards what we call DocPreneurship. It is our hope that other physicians and creative healthcare providers will find these books as inspiring as their colleagues and counterparts do across the country.”
About Concierge Medicine Today
Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) is a news organization and the Concierge Medicine industry’s oldest national trade publication for the Concierge Medicine and Membership Medicine marketplace. Its website is the online destination for businesses, consumers, physicians, legislators, researchers and other stakeholders to learn about the history of this industry, various business aspects of the marketplace, trends, breaking news and more that drives the conversation that Concierge Medicine and free market healthcare delivery is creating on a national and international level.
For more information, visit: www.ConciergeMedicineToday.org