A biannual tradition at Concierge Medicine Today/Concierge Medicine Forum, below is our 2021 Physician Reading List for the New Year, 2021!
By Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief
December 2020/January 2021 Edition
Happy New Year!
Can you believe it’s already here!
Well, if you’re reading this in December, it’s still 2020 and I think we can all agree that 2020 should be in our rear view mirror
Who knows what 2021 will bring to our door steps, literally (and figuratively).
In examining the concierge medicine space for well more than a decade now, talking with all of you about your concerns, worries, happy and sad moments, your businesses, etc., there are some habits, character qualities and dare we say, tendencies, that make good Doctors, great Doctors.
You’d probably not be surprised to learn that reading happens to be one of those habits or tendencies that we see successful Doctors, happier Physicians and as a bi-product, have full-panel Concierge Medicine practices in spades.
It was Harry S. Truman who said, “Not All Readers Are Leaders, But All Leaders Are Readers”.
EDITOR: The Six Habits of Self-Made Concierge Doctors
In deed, “leaders are readers …” and well, we thought we would provide a few of the authors, books and titles we’ve been talking to, talking about or you’ve been telling us about lately in some of our most popular interviews, podcasts and stories these past few months.
CMT Book Spotlight (Download Here): Enter your email here (Scroll down on the page) to download Dr. Carrie Bordinko’s exclusive ebook, “Reset Your Life: a Metabolic Change That Will Reset Your System & Life.”
Titles, softcover books, e-books and streaming titles include some of your fellow Physicians, colleagues and business experts who have told us some of what they’re going to be reading this year.
We hope you enjoy this new year’s reading list.
If there are titles, authors or books you think we should include next time, please let us know what you recommend by sending us an email to email@example.com.
By the way, if you haven’t heard, we have released our new ONLINE PHYSICIAN COMMUNITY FORUM, The CONCIERGE MEDICINE FORUM, with discussion boards, polls, surveys, ways to connect with your peers and colleagues year round, weekly webinars, live events, live chats and even on-demand, online courses and CMEs too!
Have a great holiday season and a prosperous New Year! We are grateful for YOU and we are grateful FOR DOCTORS.
CMT’s 2021 New Year’s Physician Reading List
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Doctor’s EXPANDED Guide to Concierge Medicine by Michael Tetreault & Catherine Sykes
- Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt
- Reset Your Life: a Metabolic Change That Will Reset Your System & Life – by Dr. Carrie Bordinko, RN, BSN, MD
- Small Changes: Big Impact by Nadia Bilchik & Kat Cole
- American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon by Steven Rinella
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- OWN Your Space: Polish, Poise & Empowerment by CMT Forum Speaker, Nadia Bilchik & Lori Milner
- Beyond Bedside Manner: Insights on Perfecting the Patient Experience – by Shareef Mahdavi
- How to Lead in a World of Distraction: Four Simple Habits for Turning Down the Noise by Clay Scroggins
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move by Andy Stanley
- First on the Moon: The Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Experience by Rod Pyle
- Breath from Salt: A Deadly Genetic Disease, a New Era in Science, and the Patients and Families Who Changed Medicine, by Bijal P. Trivedi.
- The Good Neighbor. The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King
- The White House Doctor: My Patients Were Presidents – A Memoir – by Dr. Connie Mariano, Forward by Bill Clinton
- Bond: The 4 Cornerstones of a Lasting and Caring Relationship with Your Doctor 1st Edition — by
- Never Be Late Again: 7 Cures for the Punctually Challenged— by San Francisco State University, lead researcher Diana DeLonzor
- Beyond Beauty: Proven Secrets to Age Well, Look 10 Years Younger & Live a Truly Happy, Healthy Long Life – by Dr. Debbie Palmer
- Well Designed Life: 10 Lessons in Brain Science & Design Thinking for a Mindful, Healthy, & Purposeful Life– by Kyra Bobinet MD MPH
(Bonus!) Eglobis’ Best Customer & Employee Experience Design Books 2020 2021 List
- Overcrowded: Designing Meaningful Products in a World Awash with Ideas, by Prof: Roberto Verganti
- Leading the Workforce of the Future: Inspiring a Mindset of Passion, Innovation and Growth, by Brigette Tasha Hyacinth
- Leading Design: How to build a successful business by design!, by Jan-Erik Baars
- The Customer-Driven Culture: A Microsoft Story: Six Proven Strategies to Hack Your Culture & Develop a Learning-Focused Organization, by Travis Lowdermilk and Monty Hammontree.
- Employee Experience: Develop a happy, productive and supported workforce for exceptional individual and business performance, by Ben Whitter, Josh Bersin (Foreword)
- READ FULL LIST HERE …
Categories: National Headlines